GOOGLE RANK GURU
Why Getting on the First Page of Google Matters
All marketers want to learn how to get on the first page of Google, simply because that’s where their prospects are. A recent study shows the first search result in Google gets a click-through rate (CTR) of 28.5%.
The CTR falls quickly to 15.7% for the second result and to 11% for the third result. This means that the first three results for Google search receive about 55% of all clicks. And the clicks go down to just 2.5% for the tenth position even if it is on the first page.
Another 2022 study confirmed these findings. Per this study, the top 3 search results on Google get 68.1% of all clicks.
Snippets, which are the #1 in the list of organic search results get the maximum CTR of 43.7%
What’s more, these snippets or the top organic search result gets 19x higher clicks compared to the top paid ads.
With 40,000 search queries being keyed in every second and over 3.5 billion searches being conducted each day, you can calculate what a CTR of 55% to 68.1% translates to.
That can’t be bad for business, right?
It isn’t all about traffic and leads though. If you know how to get on the first page of Google, your business will also come across as authentic and credible.
Data shows that users not only think the first few websites that appear on the first page of Google are the more authentic ones in their industry, but trust them enough to make important decisions.
As you can see, over 50% of the participants polled say they make important financial, legal, or medical decisions based on Google search results, very frequently or often.
If your website ranks on the first page of Google on the basis of informative, high-quality content, it will help boost user engagement.
All of this, when combined, can translate into higher conversion rates, and sales.
Now that you know why, let’s get on to the core topic of how to get on the first page of Google.
7 Tips on How to Rank on the First Page of Google
If you want to rank on the first page of Google, you need to first understand how difficult it actually is. In almost every niche, there will be some high-authority websites that will dominate.
So, to be able to rank on the first page of Google, you have to be more creative, especially if you want to rank in the top positions. Your goal should not be to compete with the Google(s) and Amazon(s) of the world but to avoid competing with them altogether.
All of the strategies mentioned in this post have been compiled keeping that in mind. You don’t need to go head-on with the biggest players but find your niche.
Curious to learn about these strategies?
Traffic and engagement falls off precipitously after the first few results.
LET US HELP YOU
Promote & Support Yourself
Create a Great User Experience
To boost your content’s visibility in Google Images, focus on the user by providing a great user experience: make pages primarily for users, not for search engines.
Here are some tips:
• Provide good context: Make sure that your visual content is relevant to the topic of the page. We suggest that you display images only where they add original value to the page. We particularly discourage pages where neither the images or the text are original content.
• Optimize placement: Whenever possible, place images near relevant text. When it makes sense, consider placing the most important image near the top of the page.
• Don’t embed important text inside images: Avoid embedding text in images, especially important text elements like page headings and menu items, because not all users can access them (and page translation tools won’t work on images). To ensure maximum accessibility of your content, keep text in HTML, provide alt text for images.
• Create informative and high quality sites: Good content on your web page is just as important as visual content for Google Images – it provides context and makes the result more actionable. Page content may be used to generate a text snippet for the image, and Google considers the page content quality when ranking images.
• Create device-friendly sites: Users search on Google Images more from mobile than on desktop. For this reason, it is important that you design your site for all device types and sizes. Use the Mobile-Friendly Test to test how well your pages work on mobile devices, and get feedback on what needs to be fixed.
• Create a good URL structure for your images: Google uses the URL path as well as the filename to understand your images. Consider organizing your image content so that URLs are constructed logically.
How to Rank on the First Page of Google
(Watch This Short Video & Learn More)
Only 0.78% of Google searchers click page 2 results. In this video, you’ll learn how to get off page 2 – 10 and onto page 1 of Google results.
Additional SEO Resources
Keyword Research Tutorial:
From Start to Finish
How to Do Keyword Research for a NEW Website (Full Tutorial)
Keyword Research Tips to Help you Rank Higher in Google
How to Do an Effective Content Gap Analysis for SEO
How to Measure Keyword Difficulty and Rank on Google
Link Building Tutorials (Step-By-Step)
Simple SEO Strategy: The “Middleman” Method
Start Creating Your Own Content
With Our Forever FREE Tech Tool
Local marketing made easy
Meet customers in
It’s Easy as 1, 2, 3
• Pick your plan
• Create your ad
• Publish and post
We make it simple for you
PICK YOUR PLAN
FREE – 90 days added to your plan if you act now.
Step 1 – Spend $0 or less than $10 a month for our UNLIMITED ad budget. This allows you to make as many offers and in as many “categories” as you choose.
BUILD YOUR AD
(Watch Our Short Video & Learn More)
Step 2 – Decide what you want your advertising campaign to do for you and your business: increase website visits, promote a discount or sale, and get more sales.
PUBLISH & POST
Step 3 – Place your ads in one of our categories or as many as you want. Latest offers come first so update them as often as you can.
HOW YOU GET
OFFERS ALL YEAR
Advertising for every budget
Make every dollar count with an UNLIMITED ad budget set to your goals and complete control over how it’s spent.
Increase website visits
Welcome in! Invite NEW customers to visit you – online or in-store. Show products you are promoting or share services you want to highlight.
Promote a sale or promotion
Bring more interested customers to your business with a discount or coupon offer. Running a sale is an effective way of attracting NEW customers and getting an existing customer to come back.
Set your messages
Give potential customers or clients a direct line to you and simply get more sales. Start conversions with neighbors, educate them about your business, and close the deal.
Join your neighborhood
Find new customers and grow your business with ValPons.com
TAKE US WITH YOU
TRY OUR APP
We give you more for less
We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with any other company, agency or government agency. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. Retailers are under no legal obligation to accept offers or coupons.