Hon. Chief Judge Jessica M. Lorello
Judge Jessica M. Lorello is a fifth-generation Idahoan who graduated from Boise High School. She received a Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration and her Juris Doctorate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. After law school, Judge Lorello worked in private practice at Givens Pursley LLP doing health care transactional work and general litigation until 2004, after which she joined the Criminal Law Division of the Idaho Attorney General’s Office where she served the State of Idaho as a member of the Appellate and Capital Litigation Units and occasionally litigated cases at the trial level.
Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter appointed Judge Lorello to the Idaho Court of Appeals in 2017, and she was re-elected in 2018. In January 2022, she became the court’s chief judge. In addition to her work at the Court of Appeals, Judge Lorello is active in civics education and has taught legal research and writing as an adjunct professor at the University of Idaho College of Law.
Members of the Idaho Court of Appeals
As the Third Branch of Government, we provide access to justice through the timely, fair, and impartial resolution of cases.
Chief Judge Jessica M. Lorello
Judge David W. Gratton
Judge Molly J Huskey
Judge Amanda K. Brailsford
The four judges of the Idaho Court of Appeals are elected in nonpartisan elections. They serve six-year terms, after which they must seek re-election if they wish to retain their seat. To learn more about these elections, visit the Idaho judicial elections page. If a midterm vacancy occurs on the court, an interim judge is appointed by the governor from a list of two to four names provided by a nominating commission. This judge will serve out the remainder of the unexpired term, after which he or she must run in a nonpartisan election to continue serving.
Enabling access, efficiency, and integration.
Learn about the Court’s transition to iCourt.
Watch ISC Oral Arguments Live or View our Hearings Archive or View the Court of Appeals Hearings Archive
Frequently Requested Services:
• Online Court Records – Search information on court cases statewide at the iCourt Portal. Access online payment services for counties.
• Idaho Court Data Requests – Public requests for compiled court data.
• Electronic Filing – Learn more about e-Filing and access attorney resources.
• New Guide & File Interactive Forms – Complete your Small Claims forms via a new interactive interview.
• Certificate of Good Standing – Learn more about who can obtain, how to order, and cost information.
• Court Assistance – Self-help centers for Idaho’s courts, including forms and other resources relating to civil court matters.
• Judicial Cases of Interest – Access commonly requested filings in certain high-profile cases across Idaho’s state courts.
• Family Court Services – Offers programs and assistance to parents involved in family law matters.
• Guardianship/Conservatorship – Online training for informational purposes or to help those seeking appointment as a Guardian/Conservator.
• Treatment Courts – Working to reduce crowded jails/prisons, offender abuse and dependency, create accountability, reduce recidivism.
Promoting Openness in the Courts
Hon. Chief Judge Jessica Lorello
Physical: 451 W. State Street
Boise, Idaho 83702
Mail: P.O.Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720
Ph: (208) 334-2210
Email: [email protected]
Members of the Idaho Supreme Court
Chief Justice G Richard Bevan
Justice Robyn M. Brody
Justice John R. Stegner
Justice Gregory W. Moeller
Justice Colleen D. Zahn
We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with any other company, agency or government agency. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. Retailers are under no legal obligation to accept offers or coupons.