McCall Winter Carnival
Dates: January 24 – February 2, 2020
Theme: “It’s a kids world!”
Welcome to the McCall Winter Carnival, a celebration of all things winter! The McCall Winter Carnival was inspired by the Payette Lake Winter Games, first held in 1924 when a train from Boise brought 248 visitors to McCall, Idaho. The official McCall Winter Carnival started in the 1960s and over the years, the Carnival has grown into an iconic Idaho event bringing more than 60,000 people to McCall each year!
During Carnival, enjoy our famous snow sculptures, Torchlight and Mardi Gras Parades, live music, daily events spanning everything from comedy shows to art auctions, snow bike races to the Monster Dog Pull and much more.
We invite you to explore our schedule of events – and be sure to check back often as we will be adding new events each week!
View & Download the Official 2020 McCall Winter Carnival Guide
What says “Welcome to Winter Carnival” better than touring all of the amazing snow sculptures throughout town? The sculptures are a signature part of the Winter Carnival festivities and we would like to invite everyone to tour the town to see what our local businesses dream up this year!
Don’t miss the Idaho State Snow Sculpting Championships in Depot Park starting midweek of Carnival.
Artists from all over the West will come to McCall to participate in the Annual Idaho Snow Sculpting Championship. This competition has an outstanding reputation for providing the opportunity for artist to create sculptures in a scale much larger than would be possible in any other medium. The artistic experience and the camaraderie with fellow artists makes this competition a truly fun and rewarding artistic experience. Location of the event will be downtown with the lake and Brundage Mountain as a back drop.
Sculpture Building Reminders
- Entry Deadline to be included on the official Sculpture Map: January 1st!
- Supporting Structure – Lathe, Wire, Rebar, and PVC Pipe Only. NO plywood, sheet lumber, or cardboard.
- Judging – Based on Visual Impact, Artistic Merit, Execution, Originality, Detail/Technique/Craftsmanship, Difficulty and Overall Impression. 10 points possible for each category.
- Begins at 8am on the first Friday of Winter Carnival
- Ordering Snow – Please call the City Department of Public Works (634-5580) between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm and they will deliver snow to your construction site on an “unscheduled” basis.
- This means snow delivery is not their top priority.
- Please order your snow 24-48 hours before it is needed and the city will make every effort to meet your request, BUT NO GUARANTEES!
- Maximum of 3 loads per delivery.
- They will not fill frames, dump on sidewalk or drive upon the sidewalk.
- They will dump snow next to sculpture for your use. Please make sure to mark the delivery location well.
- Department of Public Works will do their best to provide clean snow but not guaranteed.
- Department of Public Works will not take snow back if you decide it’s too much.
Many of our Winter Carnival events are FREE of charge, but for those that require a ticket, please purchase below! Please bring a printed copy of your PayPal purchase with you to the event. This is your ticket in the door! If you have purchased tickets for multiple events, please be sure to save your receipt and bring to each event you attend.
Ticket sales for each event will close at 8:00am the day prior to the event. After this point, tickets will only be available at the door.
Tuesday, January 28
@ The Forester’s Club
7pm – 10pm
Wednesday, January 29
@ The Northfork Lodge
5:30pm – 10pm
(doors open at 5:30pm, games start at 7pm)
Enter for a chance to WIN a brand new Polaris 800 with custom wrap!
Tickets available at the McCall Chamber office
(605 N 3rd Street) or in the Vendor Court during Carnival
- Tickets cannot be replaced if it is lost, stolen or destroyed, and is valid only for the event(s) for which it is issued.
- Tickets are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Reproduction of tickets is not permitted.Unless indicated otherwise, price includes all applicable sale and use taxes and/or cash discounts (if available).
- No refunds/exchanges.
- Ticket user assumes all risks of personal injury incidental to the event, whether occurring prior to, during, or subsequent to the event.
- Ticket purchaser bears all risks of inclement weather.
- Tickets may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests and sweepstakes) or other trade purposes without the express written consent of the McCall Area Chamber of Commerce.
Winter Carnival Event Schedule
- Ph: (208) 634-7631
- Toll Free: (800) 260-5130
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: 605 N 3rd St | McCall, ID 83638
- Map & Directions