Take the survey today!
Give the City of Boise ur feedback 8/15-8/29
Click on the link below to take our survey:
8th Street Bike Lane Improvements
The City of Boise is proposing an extension of the 8th Street bike lanes from Bannock St. to Washington St. Project elements include:
- Protected or buffered southbound bike lane for all three blocks.
- Expanded sidewalk space on the west side with enhanced landscaping on both sides of 8th Street from Bannock to Jefferson.
- Parallel parking converted to back-in angled parking on the east side of 8th Street from Bannock to State.
These changes are intended to enhance the bike network and improve safety and comfort for bicyclists and pedestrians, while minimizing impacts to driving and parking.
Why the Project is Needed
- There are no bike lanes east of 15th Street, making it difficult to cross State Street safely.
- 8th Street is the primary north/south bicycle corridor through downtown and there are no bike lanes currently on these three blocks of 8th Street.
- The current road configuration exhibits unused vehicle capacity which could be better used to support other mobility choices without impairing the current and future flow of traffic.
- Existing street trees conflict with awnings in some locations and the current streetscape does not meet city of Boise standards.
- Share your thoughts by taking our online survey. It will be available online Thursday, August 15 thru Thursday, August 29.
- The City of Boise will compile, evaluate and make modifications based on public feedback. City Staff will then make a recommendation to the Boise City Council.
- If Boise City Council recommends to proceed with the proposal, the City of Boise will request approval of the design from the ACHD Commission during fall 2019.
- If the design is approved in fall 2019, CCDC will construct in spring/summer 2020.
Click on the links below for information:
Quick Links and Resources
Information on trash, recycling, compost and other waste related services for City of Boise residents and businesses.
Utility Billing Services:
Utility Billing manages billing for residential and commercial properties for sewer, trash, recycling, compost, pressure irrigation and geothermal.
Local Boise Events
City of Boise
Be ‘In the Know,’
sign up for our weekly e-newsletter.
Divisions and Programs
City of Boise
150 North Capitol Blvd.
Boise, ID 83702