Welcome from Our Head of School
Essential to any successful society is an educated and trained workforce. To meet the current and anticipated labor needs of Idaho business and industries, Idaho Technical Career Academy (ITCA) offers a quality online charter school that uses technology to connect students across the state to a 21st-century learning community focused on academic and technical results.
ITCA’s team of qualified staff—collaborating with parents and business and industry representatives—strives for student mastery of rigorous, research-based curriculum aligned to Idaho academic and technical standards. As a publicly funded online charter school, our unique program puts public school accountability, teacher competence, and meaningful parent involvement at the center of student learning.
ITCA course offerings allow students to explore and focus on occupations of interest. These programs have the capacity to enrich a student’s educational experience while maximizing their ability to be successful in the community and workforce. Successful completion of these courses will:
- Provide students the foundation for pursuing postsecondary occupational certifications
- Provide marketable career and technical skills required in Idaho business and industry
- Provide work skills required for on-the-job success
ITCA makes it easy for you to participate in your child’s education. Families and teachers work together to help students maximize their academic potential. Enrolled families are eligible to receive a loaner computer, quality curriculum from K12, lesson planning programs, books and instructional materials, and the guidance of a state-certified teacher. In short, students receive what they need to access an excellent 21st-century education.
We are proud of our school’s outstanding parent, community, and faculty support system and believe ITCA is an exceptional choice for Idaho families. We hope to welcome you soon to ITCA.
Monti Pittman, Head of School
About Our School
Idaho Technical Career Academy (ITCA) is an innovative high school—the first of its kind in Idaho—for college- and career-minded students.
Powered by K12, our statewide online charter school is tuition-free, full-time, and serves students in grades 9–12. ITCA students gain exposure to relevant technical and specialty trade skills from courses built around four career fields:
Successful completion of these courses may help students prepare for industry certification tests after graduation.*
In addition, ITCA’s proven high school academic foundation features:
- An Individualized Learning Plan for each student
- K12’s engaging, online academic curriculum
- Hands-on materials, books, and a school computer on loan
- Experienced, Idaho-certified teachers
- A robust Advanced Learner Program
- World languages
- Student clubs and social events
- Access to extracurricular activities and sports in participating school districts
- High school diplomas for graduates who meet all state requirements
Offering students an effective career technical education (CTE), ITCA:
- Is Idaho’s first online charter school for college- and technical career-minded students
- Provides families an additional option to academically focused online schools
- Gives all students throughout Idaho access to college and career training
- Equips young people with relevant skills to put into immediate use after high school
- Offers a hopeful pathway for students who otherwise might not stay in school
- Prepares students to take industry certification tests upon graduation*
* Many Microsoft® Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who attend Destinations for at least two years will have further exposure to career readiness education courses to be best prepared for certification testing.
What types of students benefit from ITCA?
Our individualized approach to learning, combined with focused CTE can benefit:
- Advanced learners
- Students who want to join the workforce after high school
- Students interested in career readiness education
- Students interested in a two-year college
- Students interested in a four-year college
ITCA is a virtual career technical education charter school that provides an occupational sequence of instruction that will prepare Idaho students to obtain the necessary technical skills needed to succeed.
To create a virtual career technical education charter school that will provide an appropriately sequenced curriculum to equip students with the foundational academic and technical skills to enable them to pursue post-secondary education, achieve occupational certifications, or enter directly into the work-force.
The school’s focus on career readiness education will:
- Provide an alternative to academic-only virtual schools
- Provide career pathways to all students
- Provide Idaho industries with educated and employment-ready individuals.
AccreditationIdaho Technical Career Academy (ITCA) is accredited by AdvancED in recognition of the high-quality education ITCA provides to students. AdvancED is the largest community of education professionals in the world. They are a non-profit, non-partisan organization that conducts rigorous, on-site external reviews of PreK–12 schools and school systems to ensure that all learners realize their full potential. AdvancED serves as a trusted partner to 32,000 schools and school systems—employing more than 4 million educators and enrolling more than 20 million students—across the United States and 70 other nations. AdvancED was created through a 2006 merger of the PreK–12 divisions of the North Central Association (NCA) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and expanded through the 2011 acquisition of the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC).
How It Works
Public School Accountability
As an online charter school, Idaho Technical Career Academy (ITCA) is tuition-free and available to students in grades 9–12 throughout the state of Idaho. ITCA provides the structure, administrative support, oversight, accountability, and state testing required of all public schools.
ITCA lets students learn in the ways that are right for them. The key is our individualized approach. We develop a comprehensive learning plan with objectives for each child. This creates a customized education for each student focused on his or her unique learning needs, goals, and interests.
ITCA uses quality high school academic curriculum and learning services from K12. Your student’s learning can happen at home, on the road, or wherever an internet connection is available. Day-to-day procedures, such as recording attendance, teacher interactions, and coursework are conducted online. While lessons are online, they also use physical materials and offline tools.
In addition to exceptional academic curriculum, ITCA offers career readiness education (CRE) courses in pathways built around four career fields. Each CRE course is based on the required knowledge and skills for that career pathway, allowing students to explore a variety of occupations and industries.
ITCA teachers are state certified and trained in their specific subject area. At the high school academic level, while parents or guardians are involved in their child’s learning by offering oversight and guidance, students work at more of a collective pace with a class of students in conjunction with the teacher. Students interact regularly with their teachers through e-mail, telephone, and online meetings.
Superior Teaching Tools
Each ITCA student receives a loaned computer for the school year as well as boxes of materials, including a wide array of textbooks and other hands-on education materials. These materials, which vary by grade and course, complement the interactive online elements of our program, ensuring that students receive instruction using the best method for each subject matter. Subsidized internet access is also provided.
Dedicated School Support System
ITCA provides a dedicated support system to both parents and students. Monthly networking opportunities are provided through various events and outings, enabling parents and the entire school community to keep in close contact.
Click on the links below for more information:
Idaho Technical Career Academy
1965 S. Eagle Road, Suite 150
Meridian, ID 83642
Phone: (Enrollment) 877.654.4854
Phone: (Administration) 208.917.2420